What You Need to Know Now
These are the latest updates as of November 23, 2020
- Students should stay in their rooms or apartments except to attend classes, study in the library or a designated space, do lab work, pick up food, go to health appointments and routine COVID-19 testing, exercise outside while wearing a face covering and social distancing, and go to jobs.
- For Thanksgiving break, residential students may choose to remain at WPI or return home.
- Students who leave the campus/Worcester area for Thanksgiving cannot return to campus and will complete classes remotely for the remainder of B-term.
- Student ID cards will be deactivated at 9 a.m. November 25 for all students who have not indicated plans to stay in Worcester for Thanksgiving via the B-Term intentions survey on the My TechFlex section of the WPI Hub.
- Students who stay on campus/in Worcester for Thanksgiving will continue as part of the WPI testing program, and they will have building and designated dining access through the end of the term (including Thanksgiving meal options).
- Before leaving campus, residential students are expected to pack up all personal belongings in their room, consolidate all items onto their bed, and return their residence hall key. Read these move-out procedures.
Frequent cleaning and sanitization procedures of bathrooms, common areas, hallways, and other shared spaces are in place. Social distancing and the wearing of face coverings are required. Guests and visitors both within and outside of the WPI community are not permitted in the residence halls.
In community housing, all lounges and common areas are closed, and community bathrooms have occupancy caps and specific instructions for use, cleaning, and schedules, all in adherence with proper social distancing. Students living in apartment-style housing are required to clean their bathroom and kitchen areas regularly in accordance with posted guidelines. Check out the walkthrough video below for more details:
Residential Dining and Meal Plans
All on-campus dining locations utilize a reservation system to better allow social distancing practices. Online ordering and takeout options also are available. Residential Meal Plans work in multiple locations across campus.
Additional adjustments to our operations may be needed based on updated guidance and public health trends. We recommend you check back regularly for the latest updates.