The Industrial Microwave Modeling Group - International Seminars
15th Seminar "Computer Modeling in Microwave Engineering and Applications"
Multiphysics Modeling in Microwave Power Engineering
May 23-24, 2013
In cooperation with
In partnership with
GIMAMP -- Italian Group for Microwave Application to Materials and Processing
National Secretariat :
Microwave Application Group (MAG),
Department of Materials and Environmental Engineering,
University of Modena & Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Endorsed and sponsored by
|QWED Sp. z o.o.||SAIREM SAS|
Vadim V. Yakovlev, IMMG, WPI
Erin Kiley, IMMG, WPI
Organizing & Program Committee:
Didier Bouvard, INP-Grenoble, France
José M. Catalá-Civera, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Marilena Radoiu, SAIREM, Neyron, France
Paolo Veronesi, University of Modena & Reggio Emilia, Italy
Suzanne Weekes, WPI, USA (SIAM representative)
Monika Willert-Porada, University of Bayreuth, Germany
This year's Seminar will be organized as a satellite event to HES-13, the International Conference on Heating by Electromagnetic Sources.
The conference and the Seminar will be held at the Centro Congressi Padova "A. Luciani" in Padua, Italy.
Computer modeling and simulation are increasingly important for development of new applications and technologies of microwave power engineering. To be accurate and adequate, the models have to mimic not only electromagnetic processes in the system, but also other physical phenomena involved - such as heat transfer, mass transfer, evaporation, phase change, etc.
This interdisciplinary forum will bring together engineers, researchers and students involved in different areas of microwave power engineering and engaged with the development and the use of suitable numerical techniques, computational schemes, modeling/optimization procedures, etc. The seminar program will include contributions from both academia and industry that exemplify advantages and benefits of computer models for simulation, exploration, and CAD of microwave applicators.
Aiming to illuminate the modern trends in evolution of computational technologies applicable to a variety of scenarios in microwave power engineering, contributions to the topics including (but not limited to) the following are invited:
- Advances in development of electromagnetic-thermal models of systems and processes of microwave power engineering
- Models coupling electromagnetic phenomenon with other than thermal components of microwave heating
- Methodology, strategy, concepts of modeling of microwave processing of materials
- Modeling-based determination of material parameters
- Modeling-based microwave imaging of materials
- Virtual experimentation in research, physical prototyping, and industrial applications.
- Extended papers (up to 5 pages) representing the seminar contributions will be published in the Seminar Proceedings which will be available at the seminar.
- After the meeting, the papers will be uploaded to the seminar web site.
Technical sessions will take place in the morning and in the afternoon of Friday, May 24. Presentations given by the Seminar Sponsors will follow the afternoon technical session.
The HES-13 Gala Dinner is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, May 23.
The Seminar Dinner will be organized to conclude the Seminar on the evening of Friday, May 24.
|Submission of titles and abstracts:||April 5, 2013|
|Notification of acceptance:||April 16, 2013|
|Submission of summaries:||April 26, 2013|
|Preliminary program:||May 3, 2013|
|Seminar & Final program:||May 23-24, 2013|
- Submission of Abstracts
- Submission of Papers
- Location and Directions
- Student Contest
- Seminar Banquet (coming soon)
Last modified: Apr 29, 2013, 00:18 EDT