The Industrial Microwave Modeling Group - International Seminars
17th Seminar "Computer Modeling in Microwave Power Engineering"
Methods and Models for Microwave Processing of Materials
March 11-12, 2015
Laboratory for Simulation of Materials and Processes (LSMP),
Institute of Metals and Technology (IMT), Ljubljana, Slovenia
In cooperation with
Endorsed and sponsored by
Vadim V. Yakovlev, IMMG, WPI
Božidar Šarler, LSMP, IMT & Laboratory for Multiphase Processes, University of Nova Gorica
Organizing & Program Committee:
Didier Bouvard, INP-Grenoble, France
José M. Catalá-Civera, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Cristina Leonelli, University of Modena & Reggio Emilia, Italy
Marilena Radoiu, SAIREM, France
Yury Shestopalov, University of Gävle, Sweden
Sébastien Vaucher, EMPA, Switzerland
Paolo Veronesi, University of Modena & Reggio Emilia, Italy
Suzanne Weekes (SIAM representative), WPI, USA
Monika Willert-Porada, University of Bayreuth, Germany
Tentative set of technical topics includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Electromagnetic and multiphysics models of systems and processes of microwave power engineering
- Methodology, strategy, concepts of modeling of microwave processing of materials
- Virtual experimentation in research, physical prototyping, and industrial applications.
- Determination of electromagnetic and thermal material parameters
- Composite materials, metamaterials and nanomaterials in microwave power engineering
- Modeling-based microwave imaging of materials; non-destructive evaluation and testing
- Analytical and numerical methods for inverse electromagnetic scattering
- Extended papers (up to 5 pages) representing the seminar contributions will be published in the Seminar Proceedings which will be available at the seminar.
- After the meeting, upon the authors' consent, the papers will be uploaded to the seminar web site.
|Submission of titles and abstracts:||January 9, 2015|
|Notification of acceptance:||January 23, 2015|
|Submission of papers:||February 6, 2015|
|End of advanced registration:||February 9, 2015|
|Preliminary program:||February 20, 2015|
|Seminar & Final program:||March 11-12, 2015|
The VenueThe Seminar will be held in Hotel Lovec in Bled, an Alpine town on the bank of Lake Bled in northwestern Slovenia, a popular tourist location in all seasons.
[New] Seminar Structure
Technical sessions will take place on Wednesday, March 11, in the morning and the whole day of Thursday, March 12. The Seminar Gala Dinner (on Wednesday night) will be preceded by a sightseeing tour in the area.
The semninar program will also include the following special events (allocated for the morning hours on Wednesday, March 11): presentations of the seminar sponsors and a special Panel Session dedicated to the business aspects of the R&D practice in the related fields of science and technology - available European and industrial programs, strategies and prospects, relevant experience, etc.
The Seminar Program will have an excellent opportunity for informal discussions and networking during the touristic excursion in the Lake Bled area and the following Gala Dinner in the neighboring town of Radovljica.
- Submission of Abstracts
- Submission of Papers
- Location and Directions
- Social Program
- Student Contest
- Seminar Program
Call for Papers
- FYI (PDF)
Last modified: Feb 24, 2015, 19:56 EST