Using Blogs in myWPI
Using a Blog
- Locate the blog in your course. All blogs can be found in the sidebar's link to Course Tools, within the Blogs section.
- Click on a blog's name from the list to read it.
- Entries appear in reverse chronological order.
- Older entries can be found through the Index on the right of the blog entries. Click to expand a month and select an entry.
- If you are participating in a group blog or in the Central Course Blog with student access, you can view the entries made only by a specific person. In the View Entries By area on the right, click on a student's name to read their blog posts. You can also use the arrow buttons at the top of the box to view each student's blogs in alphabetical order.
Making a New Entry
- Click Create Blog Entry. The screen changes to display fields for making new entries.
- Change the title to anything you want.
- Type your entry in the text area. Note that the text editing options allow you to create tables, enter images, add links to other pages or URLs, attach files, and format your text.
- Click Post Entry to save your content and post it immediately to the blog. Save Entry as Draft saves your entry but does not post it to the blog until you view and submit the draft later..
Commenting on an Entry
- Click on the Comments link below an entry. Existing comments can be viewed by clicking on the Comments: link.
- Type your comment in the Add Comment box and click Add. You can also choose to leave the comment anonymously.
Last modified: Sep 29, 2012, 15:17 EDT