VOLUME 11, NO. 3 FEBRUARY 1998
final draft of the Alumni Association's new Five-Year Master Plan will be presented to the Alumni Council for approval at its Jan. 21 meeting. The purpose of the plan, which was last revised in 1992, is to build a framework to support new and existing alumni programs and services and a mission statement, the new Master Plan outlines goals to serve the needs of all alumni and to foster involvement, interaction and pride in their alma mater. The proposed goals are
- Work with WPI in creating continuing education opportunities that will assist students and alumni in developing, maintaining and renewing lifelong professional skills.
- Develop new career-related services for alumni and work with the CDC (Career Development Center) to enhance existing services for both students and alumni.
- Actively promote the lifelong financial commitment from alumni in support of the educational mission of WPI.
- Increase alumni involvement in the admissions process.
- Increase alumni involvement in the marketing of WPI.
- Maintain and enhance our alumni communications program.
- Facilitate and promote social interaction among alumni.
- Build pride in WPI.
- Involve alumni in WPI's global presence.
- Create global opportunities for alumni to interact with the Alumni Association, WPI and its various constituencies.
- Restruct the Alumni Association, and its relationship to WPI, to accomplish the new mission.
- Develop a comprehensive financial plan (budget) for accomplishing the mission of the Association, and build additional financial autonomy in support of independent and creative program management.
Response to the proposed plan will be welcomed by the Alumni Office.
email@example.com Last modified: Wed Jul 1 16:48:05 EDT 1998