Teacher Preparation Program
Do more with your degree. Lead. Change lives. Teach.
All majors in math, science, or engineering are welcome to join the Teacher Preparation program at WPI.
From it, you will gain:
- The preparation and skills you need to teach biology, chemistry, mathematics, or physics in middle school or high school
- A Massachusetts-authorized Initial License
- Skills that will go beyond the classroom
Just a bit of extra work outside your major is required, including a classroom teaching practicum (as an Interactive Qualifying Project) and courses in educational pedagogy. See Program Requirements.
Armed with leading-edge educator skills and a mastery of your chosen discipline, you’ll be prepared to become a new kind of teacher—a teacher who engages and challenges students in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) subjects and meets the future challenges of American education.
WPI students completing the program bring to the classroom:
- A strong background in their STEM disciplines
- A good sense of the applicability of their subject to contemporary areas of engineering, technology, or society
- Experience with new technologies
- A passion for helping U.S. students achieve global competitiveness