Develop Engineering Leaders, Support K-12 STEM Education
Engineering ambassadors—select WPI students—are the student face of WPI. They work to engage younger generations in the excitement of STEM fields while garnering key leadership, presentation, and project management skills for their own educational and professional development.
Companies sponsoring an Ambassador Program are able to make a very big impact on the WPI campus and the aspirations of young minds. Programs are customized to optimize the mutual benefit. A typical program includes:
- 8-12 undergraduate students selected as Ambassadors based upon their major, GPA, and criteria important to the sponsoring organization.
- An academic year stipend for the Ambassadors. A summer internship for Ambassadors with the sponsoring organization.
- Intensive presentation training and fundamental leadership modules such as leadership, change management, and project management.
- Engaging with local middle and high school classrooms to promote STEM programs and applications within your industry.
- A multi-year commitment from the partner company.