For all candidates:
- Complete the entire application and submit electronically or by mail.
- Request that a full high school transcript, a letter of recommendation from your guidance or college counselor, and a letter of recommendation from math or science teacher are submitted electronically or mailed to the WPI Office of Admissions. If submitting by mail, the forms are available for download.
- Freshman candidates who wish for their test scores to be considered for admission must register to take the SAT I or the ACT prior to the application deadline chosen. Students may also submit alternative materials through WPI's Flex Path option in lieu of test scores. Please see Admissions Requirements for more details.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement to indicate receipt of application by WPI's Office of Admissions. Please take particular note as to what may be missing in order to complete your application.
For international students:
- In addition to completing the rest of the application, international students must submit the following documents:
- An official, certified record of secondary school work with all courses and grades (results) listed.
- An explanation of the grading system used and an English translation of any records in languages other than English.
- A Statement of Financial Responsibility (with appropriate signatures) and bank or sponsor verification indicating ability to meet WPI's annual cost.
- If English is not your native language, results from one of the following must be submitted:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- MELAB (Michigan Test)
For transfer candidates:
- You must submit official transcripts of all work completed at the college level, as well as a listing of courses in progress.
- Unless you have earned a college degree, you must submit a high school transcript.
- If your formal education has been interrupted for a year or more, please enclose a statement outlining your activities during that time period.
Submission Instructions for Additional Forms and Documents
WPI accepts electronic submissions of application support materials from secondary school counselors and teachers. Schools equipped to send electronic documents should upload them through the appropriate channel, and they will be matched with your application record.
Documents sent via UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS Express Mail, and other courier services should be addressed to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280
All other documents, including all first class and priority USPS mail, should be addressed to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions Processing Center
PO Box 480
Randolph, MA 02368-0480