Summer Academic Success Program
The Summer Academic Success Program (SASP) is an opportunity for students who may have struggled academically this year to take courses during E term to help improve their academic performance in the future.
Participation in the program is recommended for:
- Students on academic warning or academic probation who have passed at least two units of academic work during A-D terms 2013-2014 (excluding Physical Education and ROTC courses). Passing ID 1000 and two E term classes at WPI will result in a change in academic standing (from probation to warning or from warning to good academic standing). In some cases, students can also restore their eligibility for future financial aid.
- Students on academic warning or academic probation who have passed fewer than 2 units of academic work (excluding Physical Education and ROTC courses) during A-D terms 2013-2014 and want to improve their learning and study skills. Students in this situation are not eligible for a change in academic standing.
- Students who want to improve their learning and study skills.
To participate in our Summer Academic Success Program, students need to enroll in:
- Two E Term courses at WPI (through the Registrar’s Office via Bannerweb)
- Summer Academic Success Program (ID 1000). This course will take a holistic view of learning and will include topics such as stress and time management, reading and writing skills, motivation, and goal setting. Tuition is $450.00.
There are two sections of ID 1000 offered this summer. Both sections will run from May 27, 2014 to June 27, 2014. Students taking their other two courses on campus should register for the on campus section of ID 1000 (CRN 30029). Students taking E term classes remotely or whose class schedule conflicts with the on campus section of ID 1000 should register for the online section of the course (CRN 30068). Registration for the online section requires instructor approval.