The Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science at WPI—or Mass Academy, as we call it—is a tuition-free, co-educational, public high school here in Worcester, in the Heart of the Commonwealth.
3 Important Things to Know
- The school enrolls about 50 new students each year (for a total of about 100 in the school). These incoming students are usually academically accelerated 11th grade students and come from all around the state with various backgrounds. The students and their families do not pay to attend Mass Academy. We are tuition free.
- Math and science are emphasized within a comprehensive, interactive academic program in the junior year at the school. Students often participate in extracurricular activities from their “home” school, making them well-rounded and well-prepared for college applications.
- Students in their senior year actually take classes at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), which is well-known for its project-based learning, academic rigor, and unusually high return on investment.
Virtual Visit Dates and Times
- Virtual Visit 1: Saturday, February 12 at 10:00 AM
- Virtual Visit 2: Wednesday, February 16 at 6:30 PM
- Virtual Visit 3: Tuesday, February 22 at 6:30 PM