Student Resources & Support
WPI is committed to making sure our students have the resources and support they need to thrive and succeed, both academically and personally.
Check Out Gompei's Guide
Have questions about life at WPI? Looking for a list of resources, tips for success, or some of the best study locations on campus? Gompei's Guide has got it all and more, and it's all written by those who know the ins and outs of student life best: students themselves. All first-year students will receive a copy and other students may pick one up at the information desk in the Campus Center.
- Academic Advising: Meet with an advisor to create an academic plan that will help you reach your goals.
- Academic Calendar: Get the latest calendar for each academic year.
- Course Schedules: Check out when different courses meet and see if they fit into your desired schedule.
- WPI Bookstore: Order textbooks and other supplies for your courses, as well as WPI gear.
- Registrar’s Office: Get in touch for a copy of your academic record and more information and forms for degree requirements.
- Merit Pages: Share your accomplishments on your Merit Page.
- Training for PLAs, Graders, and Other Course Assistants: If you're part of one of the aforementioned groups, sign up for any required training sessions here.
- Campus Police: Connect with WPI Police to report an emergency. The department also offers campus investigations, lost and found services, parking management, and more.
- Emergency Management: Get instructions on what to do in specific emergency situations on campus.
- I'm Concerned About a Student Form (WPI Cares Team): Fill out this form if you're worried about a friend or fellow student, and the Dean of Students Office will address the concern.
- Safety & Security: Learn more about campus safety notifications, safety while abroad, fire safety on campus, the SNAP shuttle, and more.
- Title IX/Sexual Misconduct Policy: Review WPI's harassment and discrimination policies or report concerns about a Title IX violation.
- Weather-related Closings & Delays: Sign up for WPI's emergency notification system or see what to expect during inclement weather.
Financial Aid, Work Study, and Graduate Fellowships and Grants
- Bursar's Office/Student Accounts: Work with the Bursar's Office to resolve outstanding balances for tuition, housing, meal plans, health insurance, and any other applicable fees.
- Federal Work Study Program: If you've received Federal Work Study as part of your financial aid, learn more about the program and how to apply for applicable on-campus jobs.
- Financial Aid: Get information on applying for financial aid and types of aid available, and access other forms related to financing your WPI education.
- Financial Literacy: Learn more about understanding and managing your personal finances through videos, workshops, and other events.
- Graduate Fellowship & Grant Writing: Review a list of current WPI and independent fellowships and scholarships.
- Student Employment: Browse job opportunities for students available during the academic year and the summer.
First-Year Student Programs
- Connections Program: This pre-orientation program assists incoming diverse WPI students with successfully navigating through the college transition while developing a community of leaders and who will advocate for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, promote holistic development, and provide peer support.
- Insight Program (First-Year Students): This program provides all first-year students with a group of students and advisors dedicated to assisting with the transition to college, both personally and academically.
Help with Homework and Research
- Academic Resources Center: Sign up for individual and group tutoring sessions for math, science, and computer science.
- Faculty Directory: Reach out to your professors for questions, information on office hours, and more.
- Gordon Library: 250,000+ print volumes, 1,000,000+ eBooks, 20,000+ student project reports, 250+ scholarly databases, all in one place.
- Writing Center: Work with a writing tutor to get help with course papers, presentations, dissertations, job-related documents, and more any stage of the writing process.
Outside the Classroom
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship: Jump into innovation and entrepreneurship at WPI through skill-based workshops, seed funding, mentorship, innovation challenges, networking opportunities, hands-on projects, and more.
- Club Resources: Get more information on leading, joining, or maybe even starting your own club here at WPI.
- Graduate Student Government: Connect with WPI's Graduate Student Government on Instagram.
- Leadership Programs: Take advantage of some of the programs, initiatives, and services offered by WPI designed to enhance and develop your leadership skills.
- Physical Education, Recreation & Athletics: See some of the options you have to fulfill your PE requirement, and get more information on WPI's varsity sports teams.
- Student Activities Office: Reach out to the SAO for advice and guidance on how you and your club can succeed on campus.
- Student Government Association: Connect with WPI's Student Government Association on their official website.