With many new faculty and staff at WPI, we’ve lost some of our institutional memory of how we conduct our ceremonies. Below is some basic information for our 2023 Commencement Ceremonies:
Here’s what our faculty need to know:
WPI will pay for your rental of academic regalia (Robe, Hood, Tam). Please submit your order online here. This order site will be available beginning February 1 until March 29. Late orders will not be accepted.
- Commencement Events that faculty should attend are as follows. The Provost Office will send out an RSVP Form so we can have an adequate number of seats on the stage.
Friday, April 21 (PPD) - 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM – GRADFEST in the Campus Center Odeum -- this is a great chance to socialize and connect with your students!
Thursday, May 11 @ 5:00 PM—The Graduate Commencement Ceremony - Faculty Line-up on Earl Bridge in Regalia @ 4:15 PM
Friday, May 12 @ 1:30 - The ROTC Commissioning. No Regalia Needed
Friday, May 12 @ 5:30 PM The Baccalaureate Program. Faculty gather @ 5:15 PM in Bartlett Center wearing your Regalia
Saturday, May 13 @ 10:00 AM - The Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony - Faculty Line up on Earl Bridge in Regalia @ 9:15 AM
- All Faculty will be seated on the commencement stage, where you'll be able to see a screen of what the audience is seeing
- On Thursday, Ph.D. Sponsors will be lined up in order on Earle Bridge
- Dress for the weather, as sitting still can cause a chill
- Faculty can visit the restrooms by exiting the stage via the rear stairs