A major in business at WPI prepares students to assume leadership roles in technology-based organizations. Very much a general-business program, the flexible curriculum allows students to tailor a course of study to their career objectives. (This program was previously known as the BS in Management).
In addition to being immersed in the key areas of business, students also develop communication, presentation, leadership, and decision-making skills. Business graduates can confidently adapt to and function within a variety of business environments. They also gain the ability to apply theory and practice, integrate technology and change into existing organizations, think critically and analytically, define and solve business problems, work in teams, and learn new skills in response to changing professional requirements.
Average Starting Salary
- Bachelor’s: $67,333 (2015)
- Master’s: $63,775
- PhD: N/A
Average National Starting Salary(according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2015): $44,190
Average National Starting Bachelor’s Degree Salary (reported by the NACE Salary Survey) : $48,936
Download the WPI Post-Graduation Reports for more information on salaries.
Companies that have Hired WPI Business Graduates
- Aerospace Systems, a United Technologies Company
- Babcock Power
- Echo Technology Solutions
- EMC Corporation
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
- The Hanover Insurance Group
Download the WPI Post-Graduation Reports for more companies that have hired WPI graduates.
Sample Job Titles
- Asset Management Associate
- Benefit Analyst
- Operational Executive Specialist
- Operations Manager
- Procurement Specialist
- Product Manager
Visit One to Online for more information on job titles.
Sample of Graduate Schools
- University of Virginia
Sample of Professional Associations and Clubs
- American Management Association
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
- National Management Association
Sample MQP titles
- Commercialization of an Ergonomic Scalpel
- Gompei's Goat Cheese
- Management of the Design and Construction of the WPI Bamboo Bicycle
Visit WPI’s Electronic Projects Collection for more MQP titles.
Popular Industries for Business
- Banking and Finance
- Industrial Organizations