Cedar House A
Cedar House A, part of what’s known as South Village, is a short walk from campus offering students a convenient and comfortable residence. It contains single, double, and triple bedrooms, as well as multiple common areas. This charming house features a grand sweeping staircase and bright airy rooms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which students will be living in South Village Housing?
WPI undergraduate students.
What type of buildings are South Village Housing?
- South Village Housing are houses containing multiple common areas and bedrooms.
- Single, double, and triple bedrooms are available.
What are the amenities in South Village Housing?
- Lounge areas
- Kitchen with refrigerator and stove
- Laundry room
Is a residential meal plan required in South Village Housing?
Yes, residents of South Village are required to have a residential meal plan.
What is provided for furniture/appliances in South Village Housing?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser for each resident. Closets or wardrobes are also provided with a hanging bar for clothes.
- Living rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example: couches, chairs, etc.).
Is kitchenware (pots, pans, silverware, etc.) provided for residents in South Village Housing?
Kitchenware is not provided for residents. Residents are encouraged to work together to determine who will bring specific items for the year.
Can beds be lofted or bunked in South Village Housing?
- Beds can be bunked. Residents may ask for pins to bunk the bed, and are responsible for un-bunking the bed at the end of the year and returning the pins to the Residential Services Office.
- Beds cannot be lofted; lofting equipment is not provided.
Do South Village houses have air conditioning?
South Village houses do not have air conditioning. Personal air conditioners are not permitted; residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space.