The small size of the Hackfeld House makes it easy to form a close community of friends. It is a coed living unit housing 8 students and is located near Stoddard Hall.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Hackfeld House?
- WPI students.
How many student staff members are in the building?
- 1 Resident Advisor (RA) works in Hackfeld House.
What type of building is Hackfeld House?
- A house with two floors containing multiple common areas and bedrooms.
- There are double and single bedrooms.
What are the amenities in the building?
- Bathrooms on each floor
- First floor lounge area
- Kitchen with refrigerator and stove
- Laundry room, located in kitchen
Is a residential meal plan required in Hackfeld?
- Residents of Hackfeld are not required to have a residential meal plan because the house has a kitchen. Residents can choose to purchase a voluntary plan if desired.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser for each resident. Hackfeld closets have closet doors with a shelf and hanging bar for clothes.
- Living rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couch, chair, etc.).
Is kitchenware (pots, pans, silverware, etc.) provided for residents?
- Kitchenware is not provided for residents. Residents are encouraged to work together to determine who will bring specific items for the year.
Can beds be lofted or bunked?
- Beds in Hackfeld are able to be bunked. Residents need to ask for pins to bunk the bed, but are responsible for un-bunking the bed at the end of the year and returning the pins to the Residential Services Office.
- Beds cannot be lofted and lofting equipment is not provided.
Does Hackfeld have air conditioning?
- Hackfeld does not have air conditioning in the house. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.