The small size of the Hackfeld House makes it easy to form a close community of friends. It is a coed living unit housing 8 students and is located near Stoddard Hall.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Hackfeld House?
- WPI students.
How many student staff members are in the building?
- 1 Resident Advisor (RA) works in Hackfeld House.
What type of building is Hackfeld House?
- A house with two floors containing multiple common areas and bedrooms.
- There are double and single bedrooms.
What are the amenities in the building?
- Bathrooms on each floor
- First floor lounge area
- Kitchen with refrigerator and stove
- Laundry room, located in kitchen
Is a residential meal plan required in Hackfeld?
- Residents of Hackfeld are not required to have a residential meal plan because the house has a kitchen. Residents can choose to purchase a voluntary plan if desired.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser for each resident. Hackfeld closets have closet doors with a shelf and hanging bar for clothes.
- Living rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couch, chair, etc.).
Is kitchenware (pots, pans, silverware, etc.) provided for residents?
- Kitchenware is not provided for residents. Residents are encouraged to work together to determine who will bring specific items for the year.
Can beds be lofted or bunked?
- Beds in Hackfeld are able to be bunked. Residents need to ask for pins to bunk the bed, but are responsible for taking the bed apart at the end of the year and returning the pins to the Residential Services Office.
- Beds cannot be lofted and lofting equipment is not provided.
Does Hackfeld have air conditioning?
- Hackfeld does not have air conditioning in the house. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.