First Year Residence
Three RAs work in the building to foster an inclusive environment. It is located next to Founders Hall and the Goat’s Head Restaurant.
Scroll down page for residence hall photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Institute Hall housing?
This is a first year student building.
How many student staff members are in Institute Hall?
3 Resident Advisors (RAs) work in Institute Hall.
What type of building is Institute Hall?
A corridor style building with shared bedrooms.
What are the amenities in Institute Hall housing?
- Common room lounge areas located on the garden level with TV/tech connections and a smaller study lounge on the second floor
- 2 multi-use bathrooms on each floor and 2 single use bathrooms on the garden level of the building
- Laundry facilities are located on the garden level
- Elevator access
- Two dining locations, Goat’s Head Restaurant and On the Go Convenience, on the first floor of Founders Hall.
Is a residential meal plan required in Institute Hall housing?
Residents of Institute are required to have a residential meal plan – either a 14, 19, 200 or VIP plan.
What is provided for furniture/appliances in Institute Hall housing?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, wardrobe, and dresser for each resident.
- Institute wardrobes have a shelf, hanging bar for clothes, and a door.
- All WPI furniture must remain in the room.
- Common rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couches, chairs, etc.).
- Internet access/cable
Can beds be bunked in Institute Hall housing?
Beds in Institute Hall are able to be bunked. Residents need to ask for pins to bunk the bed, but are responsible for un-bunking the bed at the end of the year and returning the pins to the office.
Does Institute Hall housing have air conditioning?
Institute Hall does not have air conditioning in the building. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.