First Year Residence
The Stoddard Complex is three separate buildings: Stoddard A, B, and C. Residents often hang out together in several of the large lounges in each building or on the "Stodd Quad", the complex's own outdoor quadrangle.
Scroll down page for residence hall photos and video.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Stoddard Complex?
This is a first year student building.
How many student staff members are in the building?
9 Resident Advisors (RAs) work in Stoddard Complex, 3 for each building.
What is the configuration of Stoddard Complex?
- It is a three-building complex (Stoddard A, B, C) and each building has 3 floors.
- Each building is corridor style with shared bedrooms.
What are the amenities in the building?
- Common room lounge areas on each floor
- First floor lounge in each building with TV/tech connections
- 1 gendered bathroom on each floor
- Adjacent to WPI Health Services, located in the basement level of the C building.
- Laundry will be handled by E & R Laundry Service.
Is a residential meal plan required in Stoddard Complex?
Residents of Stoddard are required to have a residential meal plan – either a 14, 19, 200 or VIP plan.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, wardrobe, and dresser for each resident.
- Stoddard wardrobes have a shelf, hanging bar for clothes, and a door.
- All WPI furniture must remain in the room.
- Common rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couches, chairs, etc.).
- Internet access/cable
Can beds be de-lofted?
- Beds in Stoddard Complex are able to be bunked. Residents need to ask for pins to bunk the bed, but are responsible for un-bunking the bed at the end of the year and returning the pins to the office.
- Beds cannot be lofted and lofting equipment is not provided.
Does Stoddard Complex have air conditioning?
- Stoddard Complex does not have air conditioning in the building. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.
- First floor lounges in each of the 3 buildings are air conditioned.