Innovation with User Experience
The Innovation with User Experience Certificate prepares students to become experts at navigating and building the human technology interaction while remaining mindful of business strategies.
Students will study proven theories, industry best practices, and new technologies in creating business value through innovation with UX.
WPI’s Graduate Certificate Programs help technical and business professionals keep up with changing technology—and the accompanying business issues—by targeting specific areas of technology management.
If you decide to pursue further study, certificate credits can be applied toward a graduate degree.
To apply for this certificate program, you must have a BS degree in any discipline.
The graduate certificate in Innovation with User Experience requires completion of four courses: three required courses for a total of nine credits and one three-credit elective course.
Three Required Courses (9 credits)
- MIS 583: UX Applications
- MIS 585: UX Design
- MIS 586: UX Methods
One Elective Course (3 credits)
- MKT 500: Marketing Management
- MKT 561: Consumer Behavior
- MKT 568: Data Mining Business Applications
How to Apply
The following materials are required when applying to a certificate program:
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from undergraduate institutions previously attended
- The application fee (waived for current WPI undergraduates and WPI alumni)
- One letter of recommendation
- Official TOEFL/IETLS test scores required for international students who come from countries where English is not their first language.
- For all Business School graduate programs the minimum score for the TOEFL exam is 90 and the IELTS minimum score is 7.
- Applicants who have completed two years of full-time study in a college or university in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or the Anglophone regions or Africa, Canada, or the Caribbean, within five years of matriculating at WPI are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS* scores. Students who have studied at a school where the language of instruction is English, but the official language of the country is not English do not qualify for a waiver (e.g., study at the American University in Cairo, Egypt, does not qualify a student for the TOEFL waiver).
Statement of Purpose
For the standardized tests, WPI’s institution code is 3969 and all departments use the same code.
*Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) downloads IELTS scores that have been transmitted to our e-download account. We will not accept paper IELTS test report forms. Please contact your test center and request that your scores be sent to the following IELTS e-download account:
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609
Connect with Business School Student
Interested in one of our graduate programs? Students from the Business School at WPI will participate in weekly office hours so prospective students (like you!) can connect and learn about their experience with WPI and ask any questions you may have. Register to take advantage of this unique opportunity.
9:00–10:00 AM ET
*Hours will be available during the academic calendar weeks for the fall and spring semesters only—not during the summer or school holidays/breaks.