Every WPI Student is Distinctive
We are thrilled that you are considering applying to WPI. As you'll see from our admitted student profile, admission to WPI is selective and competitive. We have high standards for applicants, but we look for more than just outstanding academic performance.
Our approach to education is a little different from what you'll find at other schools, so it makes sense that we want students who dare to be different, who want to put their unique talents to work to make the world a better place, and who confront challenges by diving in headfirst to find a solution.
Who is a WPI Student?
While every WPI student brings a little something different to the table, there are a few characteristics that they tend to share.
- Creative and curious
- Enjoy working in teams to get things done
- Comfortable making their own decisions and setting their own course
- Love math and science, but feel just as passionate about other things, too, like music, art, or movies
- Feel pretty sure that they'll be leaders, not followers
- Can't wait to do things that will make the world better
Sound like you? Join us on campus to learn more and then get ready to apply!
Tips for Applicants
Your application is your best chance to show us the real you and tell us what makes you a perfect fit at WPI. Here are a few suggestions to make sure your application is as strong as possible.
- Fulfill WPI’s academic requirements:
- four years of math (including pre-calculus)
- four years of English
- two years of lab science
- Check out our college application timeline and checklist to stay on track and put your best foot forward in your application.
- Take advantage of all sections of the Common Application to share who you are and what makes you a fit for WPI. Be sure to check over your answers!
- Submit supplemental materials that best reflect your academic potential
- Let us feel the love for WPI! Make sure you connect with us on- or off-campus and sign up for a personal interview