It’s become a tradition for media outlets to pause and look back on the year that was with “top stories” and “best of” lists. Similarly, we would like to take a moment to share some highlights of news stories that covered the amazing work done in and out of our labs and classrooms over the course of 2021.
- NBC News cited tests conducted by Professor Ali Rangwala, fire protection engineering, in its report about a new law that establishes performance standards to protect against portable fuel container explosions.
- Yahoo Finance and Martha Stewart Living reported on chemical engineering associate professor Mike Timko’s work to turn waste into fuel.
- The New York Times highlighted robotics engineering professor Greg Fischer’s work to develop “ways for machines to carefully guide surgeons’ hands as they perform particular tasks.”
- The Boston Herald reported on biology and biotechnology professor Pam Weathers’s research on how extracts from a medicinal herb can help in the fight against COVID-19.
- Fast Company highlighted civil, environmental, and architectural engineering associate professor Nima Rahbar’s development of self-healing concrete.