Professional Development Opportunity for Women: HERS Institute
Department(s):For PK-12 Educators
We know you are concerned about the COVID-19 outbreak, which is already impacting many of your campuses. We know because we’re concerned as well. That won’t stop us from pursuing our mission: advancing women leaders.
HERS continues to closely monitor the situation involving COVID-19. Your health and wellness are important to us, and we know that many of you are managing rapid change and uncertainty. We want you to know that HERS is here to support you. HERS continues to be engaged and dedicated toward advancing women leaders.
A top priority is the health and well-being of our HERS Leadership Institute summer participants. We are committed to delivering the HERS Leadership Institute in one of the following formats:
- If public health concerns subside, we will deliver our tradition HERS Leadership Institute, where you will be in residence in either Golden, CO, or Bryn Mawr, PA.
- If public health concerns do not subside, we are preparing a virtual learning experience.
HERS will continue to re-evaluate and provide updates on the HLI as they become available. Please stay well at home, at work, and in your local communities.
WPI is still accepting application for the HERS Institute
Talent and Inclusion, in collaboration with the President's Office, is pleased to announce that we will once again be providing the opportunity to attend the Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) Wellesley Institute for Women in Higher Education Administration. Participants utilize independent project-work and reading assignments, and work together in a collaborative environment to explore the Leadership Development Model (self-knowledge, networking, and institutional awareness) over the course of several, three-day interactive sessions. All participants experience the same, unique curriculum which helps prepare them for leadership roles in higher education.
WPI will be sponsoring one faculty or staff member to attend, all expenses paid.
How to Apply
To properly assess your application, please share how you plan to utilize the HERS experience for your own leadership and professional growth by completing all components of the application (please contact Christelle Hayles for corresponding documents):
- HERS Institute Application – Leadership Project
- HERS Institute Application – Leadership Development Plan
- Current resume
- Two on-campus references describing your contributions to WPI. One should be from a direct supervisor and the second from a division head / executive leader who is familiar with you. These should be sent directly from your references to the HERS Selection Committee.
The completed application packet should be submitted to the HERS Selection Committee for consideration on or before April 1, 2020.
- All applicants will be notified of the final decision of the HERS Selection Committee by April 8, 2019.
- Scholarship recipient(s) will be required to submit their application to HERS directly by April 15, 2019 (additional instructions will be sent regarding this process)
- Please note: Final approval to attend comes from HERS. All admission decisions will be made, with notifications sent from HERS.
- Applicant must be a woman, must be employed in either an exempt staff or a faculty position, and must have been employed at WPI for at least two years at the time of application.
- The institute’s on-site sessions will be held at Wellesley College on a staggered 4-weekend format during the following dates:
- September 24, 2020 – September 27, 2020
- November 12, 2020 – November 15, 2020
- February 4, 2021 – February 7, 2021
- March 18, 2021 – March 21, 2021
3. A commitment to attend all of the sessions is require
For more information, please visit the HERS Institute webpage. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact Christelle Hayles.