WPI recognizes that data and the information derived from it are mission critical assets. As good stewards of this information, effective policy and process helps identify, monitor and mitigate the risks to those assets.
Minimizing the risks associated with accidental, malicious or unauthorized access and the modification, disclosure, loss or destruction of information are goals that WPI is committed to achieving.
In order to best protect these assets, as well as to comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations, the university has developed a set of Information Security, Risk and Compliance Policies. To review the full details of these policies please visit the links below.
- Acceptable Use Policy - AUP (PDF)
- Administrative Data Backup and Restoration Policy (PDF)
- Confidentiality Policy (PDF)
- Camera Policy (PDF)
- Data Classification and Usage (PDF)
- Email Systems and Usage (PDF)
- Email Whitelisting (PDF)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley (PDF)
- Identity Theft Red Flag Prevention (PDF)
- Mail List (PDF)
- Mobile Device Policy (PDF)
- Patch Management Policy (PDF)
- PCI Policy (PDF)
- Procurement Evaluation Policy for Restricted Use (PDF)
- Records Retention and Destruction (PDF)
- Restricted Use Data Clean Desk and Clear Screen (PDF)
- Written Information Security Plan (PDF)