The Acadia National Park, Maine Project Center is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the U.S., on the coast of Maine. Students live and work in close proximity to the Acadia National Park and numerous research, historical, environmental, and arts organizations.
Past Acadia National Park students have:
- Conducted studies and community outreach activities focused on light pollution and Dark Sky
- Created hiking trail documentation with interactive 360 spherical views and virtual reality video
- Compiled an audio recording archive of the Acadia National Park
- Analyzed ambient sound levels of park soundscapes
- Cataloged photographic documentation of endangered locations in Acadia National Park
- Conducted a carbon footprint analysis of Acadia National Park