WPI students work in multicultural teams with students from Chulalongkorn University on projects proposed by local nonprofit organizations, universities, and governmental and non-governmental organizations. Projects take place in the city of Bangkok and surrounding rural areas, with many focusing on underserved communities.
Past Bangkok students have:
- Addressed solutions for water contamination and waste management in an urban slum community
- Evaluated improvements for rice-farming technology with the Ministry of Agriculture
- Created a school district’s traffic educational program to improve road safety with the Can Do Team.
- Developed methods for sharing health information with under-served and vulnerable communities.
- Designed “learning centers” for tourists and others to learn about local culture and livelihoods.