Romania is located in Eastern Europe, neighboring Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine. Its population is approx. 19,580,634. Bucharest, in southern Romania, is the country's capital and biggest commercial center. About 1,883,425 inhabitants live within the city limits. The first group of students will complete their IQP in 2020. Please visit our website to learn more about the center and the projects completed in D2020
Expected projects/sponsors types of projects:
- Working with NGOs that coordinate activities in eco-tourism
- Working with museums
- Working with some of the over 400 member companies of the American Chamber of Commerce Romania
- Depending on the range of projects students will collaborate with the University of Bucharest, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, University of Sibiu, and others.
- Working with NGOs to help protect urban green spaces, wetlands, etc.
- Working with NGOs to help develop learning centers for children from disadvantaged backgrounds
Examples of projects:
- Development of a unified database for bookings, events, activities, etc. for Ecoturism destination Colinele Transilvaniei (Transylvanian Highlands) https://tsaddler.wixsite.com/ecotourisminfohubd20
- Design of Inter-generational Centers for children from disadvantaged backgrounds https://learningcenteriqp.wixsite.com/projectsite
- Raising awareness to importance of urban green lands https://phuongle5219.wixsite.com/urbanwetland-d20
- Design and implement information hubs for stakeholders in business https://sites.google.com/view/amcham-iqp-2020/
- Design analytics tools for assessing and raising awareness to allergies in urban environments https://sites.google.com/view/wpi-iqp/home