Kyoto, the "heart of Japan," boasts many important cultural sites. Kyoto is the old imperial capital of Japan and is considered to be the cultural hub of Japan. It balances is traditional focus with investment into modern technologies, and is now famous for its game and animation studios. Students first begin completing projects in 2018.
Past Japan IQP students have:
- Augmented Reality tourism
- Sustainable farming practices in and around Kyoto
- Urban revitalization
- International education programs
- Environmental awareness education and stories
- Revitalizing cultural publications, like Kyoto Journal