Stockholm, Sweden Project Center - MQP
Sweden's capital city, Stockholm, is the most populous Nordic city, with about 2.3M inhabitants in the metro region. Located on the coast of the Baltic Sea, Stockholm sits on a cluster of 14 islands that are part of the Stockholm archipelago. Swedes are generally friendly but reserved. Stockholm is a very cosmopolitan and tourist-friendly city where English is widely spoken. Some knowledge of basic Swedish would be helpful but not necessary.
Students have been completing MQPs since 2018 with Kungliga Tekniska högskolan (KTH) Royal Institute of Technology. KTH, with a student body of about 15,000, is ranked among the top 100 universities worldwide.
Students can learn more here: https://www.kth.se/en/studies/exchange
Students will join a team of students in the Machine Design international master’s level programme, which is taught entirely in English. Students will be expected to take elective courses at the graduate or undergraduate level in addition to the MQP activities, so this is an excellent opportunity for BS/MS students to select from a wide range of courses at KTH. The project teams will begin with a concept design from the spring semester (PQP) and produce a prototype device by the end of the fall semester.
Past Sweden MQP students have designed:
- Test fixture for chain saws (Husqvarna)
- Test fixture for ball bearing lubricants
- Test Rig for a Load Sharing Unit in a Ball Screw Transmission
- Precision Dynamometer Brake for Gear Testing
- Test rig for tribological evaluation of offshore tidal turbine bearings
- CubeSat Evaluation and Design
- Design of a Concentrator for Airborne Particles