Worcester Community Project Center (Massachusetts) - IQP
The Worcester Community Project Center develops projects both from the grass roots and from the public sector. This means that project teams work hand-in-hand with government agencies, local politicians and Worcester based organizations on important social and environmental issues that impact your Worcester neighbors. Students who choose the WCPC get to have diverse cultural experiences without leaving Worcester. Through community engagement students learn how such questions affect people with different incomes, races, ethnicities, and genders.
Past Worcester students have:
- conducted an energy audit for a homeless shelter
- developed an outdoor engineering program for elementary school students
- developed a mobile website for an art museum
- designed a sensory garden for a pediatric medical center
- investigated a land use conflict for a State Senator