Projects typically focus on economic development, education, healthcare, poverty reduction, tourism. WPI students have a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of the country in the post-Soviet era.
Past project sponsors include the Armenian Eye Care Project, Smithsonian Institution, World Vision Armenia, Armenian General Benevolent Union, My Step Foundation, Junior Achievement of Armenia, Women and Information Society, IDeA Foundation
Past projects include:
- Improving Eye Care Delivery Through Data Sharing Technology
- Smart Itinerary Smartphone Tourism Application
- Matching Diaspora Resources to Armenia’s Needs
- Improving the Recognition of Junior Achievement of Armenia
- Improving Sanitation and Student Health in Schools in Armenia
- Extending the Impact of Technovation on Armenian School Girls
- Cataloguing Resources for Poverty Reduction in Armenia
Some of the projects will be involved in WPI’s partnership with the American University in Armenia (AUA). Joint teams between WPI and AUA students will work under the direction of faculty advisors from both AUA and WPI. The Armenian students are embedded with WPI students on campus during C term and participate fully in the project preparation (PQP and ID2050), and then return with the WPI students to Yerevan to complete the project in D term.