This research experience provides students with the following:
- The opportunity to participate in summer research early in their academic career
- A paid research experience ($3840 over 8 weeks)
- Close mentoring with a faculty member and graduate mentor
- Preparation for additional research opportunities at WPI and beyond
- Information and advice about future graduate research and career opportunities
- Weekly professional development workshops (and lunch)
- The 2020 program will be held virtually.
- The program begins June 8, 2020, and ends the week of July 31, 2020
- Students paid for full-time work
- Weekly professional development workshop
- Culminating experience- to showcase your work
Who should apply?
- Any student who is looking for their first research experience.
- All first or second-year students interested in their first research experience
- Students from conventionally underrepresented groups in STEM are strongly encouraged to apply
- Underrepresented minorities
- First-generation college students (neither parent has a 4-year degree)
- Transfer students
EREE selection and matching process:
- Faculty submit a project of a size and scope that is suitable for a student's first research experience - submit faculty proposal
- Interested students looking for a paid summer research experience submit an application and indicate three (3) projects of interest (from EREE 2020 Faculty Projects below)
- EREE Steering Committee makes a faculty-student match
The EREE program is currently on pause. If you wish to be notified when further information is available, please sign up here. Thank you.