- Students enter time in Workday. Managers or Time Keepers (Administrative Assistants) approve.
- Employees enter time in Workday. Only managers can approve.
- All exempt employees will submit time off requests (e.g., vacation, bereavement, personal, other) in Workday; only managers or alternates at an equal or higher level can approve in Workday.
- Daily grant fund balances will be available directly to the PI in Workday.
- STARS and Bank of America go away; WPI P-card expense information will automatically be available for expense reporting in Workday.
Workday is an innovative, cloud-based platform for the modern and mobile workforce. It was developed as the first higher-education based human resource and financial management solution in the cloud, and it has expanded to include student functionality.
Over the next three years, Workday will replace Banner, which runs many of our human resources, payroll, finance, grant, and student system processes.
- Workday offers new and improved features and processes, including access to information from computers, tablets, and smart phones.
- It will allow us to move away from manual paper-based processes to automated online processes to help with growth and innovation.
- It provides employees with the information they need to be effective and efficient.
- It will help change culture so we can continue to innovate and achieve our strategic goals.
- It will allow WPI to leverage modern technology incorporating best practices.
- It will allow for more streamlined security measures and help WPI protect critical information.
- It is an enabling system that supports teaching, learning, and administration.