First Year Residence
Daniels Hall is first-year student housing, located on the main campus, and comprised of shared bedrooms. Each floor has common areas and shared gendered bathrooms. Laundry facilities are also available for residents.
Located within a short, indoor walking distance is Pulse On Dining (POD), the all-you-care-to-eat dining facility on campus, as well as the “wedge” gathering space with tables, chairs, and lounge furniture for all students to study and relax.
In addition to being a residence hall, several student support services are located in the building, including Student Health Services and the Center for Well-being.
Scroll down for residence hall photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is provided for furniture/appliances in Daniels Hall housing?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, wardrobe, and dresser for each resident.
- Daniels wardrobes have a shelf, hanging bar for clothes, and a door.
- All WPI furniture must remain in the room.
- Common rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couches, chairs, etc.) and with TV/Tech connections
- Elevator access
Can beds be de-lofted in Daniels Hall housing?
- Beds in Daniels Hall are bunked above the desk. Residents are NOT allowed to de-loft beds, or remove them from their bunked setup. If residents do so they will incur a damage billing fee to their student account.
- Only students with an accommodation through the Office of Accessibility Services will receive permission to have their beds de-lofted by professional movers if no other space that meets the accommodation is available.