First Year Residence
Daniels Hall is home to the Registrar’s Office, Army ROTC, Academic Advising, and the Office of Accessibility Services, all located on the first floor. Located within short, indoor walking distance is Pulse On Dining (POD), the all you care to eat dining facility on campus, as well as the “wedge” gathering space with tables, chairs, and lounge furniture for all students to study and relax.
Scroll down page for residence hall photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Daniels Hall?
This is a first year student building.
How many student staff members are in the building?
6 Resident Advisors (RAs) work in Daniels Hall.
What type of building is Daniels Hall?
- A corridor style building with shared bedrooms.
What are the amenities in the building?
- Common room lounge areas on each floor.
- 2 gendered bathrooms on each floor.
- Laundry facilities are located in the basement.
Is a residential meal plan required in Daniels Hall?
Residents of Daniels are required to have a residential meal plan – either a 14, 19, 200 or VIP plan.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, wardrobe, and dresser for each resident.
- Daniels wardrobes have a shelf, hanging bar for clothes, and a door.
- All WPI furniture must remain in the room.
- Common rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couches, chairs, etc.) and with TV/Tech connections
- Elevator access
Can beds be de-lofted?
- Beds in Daniels Hall are bunked above the desk. Residents are NOT allowed to de-loft beds, or remove them from their bunked setup. If residents do so they will incur a damage billing fee to their student account.
- Only students with an accommodation through the Office of Accessibility Services will receive permission to have their beds de-lofted by professional movers if no other space that meets the accommodation is available.
Does Daniels Hall have air conditioning?
Daniels Hall does not have air conditioning in the building. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.