Programs in Cybersecurity
At WPI students examine technical problems within social and organizational contexts. This creates an exciting environment in which to explore cybersecurity. Graduate students can pursue to further their education in a variety of ways, drawing upon expert faculty in engineering, computer science, the social sciences, management, and other disciplines—making it a truly multidisciplinary experience.
Advance to Leadership Positions
Current students are engaged in all areas of cybersecurity: software security, analysis of security policies and protocols, network security, embedded system security, cyber-physical system security, cryptography, and online privacy. Having an advanced credential from a top-tier technological university means our students will rise to leadership positions in these areas.
WPI currently offers several pathways for a graduate cybersecurity education:
- A specialization in the MS Computer Science program
- An Online certificate program
- A specialization in the Business School MS in Information Technology program
- A Business School Information Security certificate program
- Related specializations in the MS Electrical and Computer Engineering program
- Selective related courses as electives with a MS in Data Science program
Consult the WPI Graduate Catalog for complete information on each option.
Funding Available for Cyber Students
The National Science Foundation has partnered with WPI on the CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service initiative. This prestigious program will help to fund graduate students who will commit to government service after graduation.