2014 Mathematics Institute for Secondary Teaching
Applied and Industrial Mathematics Institute for Secondary Teaching
The Toyota-RIT Applied Math Initiative & The Center for Industrial Mathematics and Statistics
4-DAY WORKSHOP: July 14-17, 2014
Teachers, are you ever asked:
What is this math good for?
When will we ever use this stuff?
In this workshop, we will explore
- How the mathematics that you teach is used by STEM professionals,
- What are the career paths open to students well-trained in mathematics
- How the math that you teach forms the foundation for college success.
The workshop will feature
- Sessions in which experienced professionals discuss, in talks aimed at high school mathematics teachers, how they use high school mathematics in their professions.
- Sessions in which young professionals and students discuss their educational experiences, the nature and development of their young careers, and their uses of high school mathematics professionally.
- Sessions in which college professors discuss how high school mathematics forms bases for college courses,
- Networking, brainstorming, and problem-solving!
For more information, please contact:
Professor John Goulet
Ms. Rhonda Podell
Professor Suzanne Weekes