Our very own engineering ambassadors put together a resource packet of at-home activities you can take advantage of today!
The Office of Pre-Collegiate Outreach Programs at WPI is committed to offering educational opportunities to youth interested in STEM. In an effort to help continue that education at home here are some free STEM resources you can take advantage of today.
- Go Peer: Personalized one-on-one virtual tutoring sessions for K-12 students. Go Peer offers services for over 70+ subjects including ACT/SAT prep.
- Happy Numbers: An effective tool for teachers in classrooms with a wide variety of student learning levels. It allows for individualized learning at the students’ pace and implements a wide variety of learning styles.
- Museum of Science at Home: View daily live streams, virtual exhibits, presentations, podcast episodes, and other STEM resources from the Boston Museum of Science at home.
- Varsity Tutors: Enroll in free live virtual classes covering a variety of test subjects for K-12 students.
- Mathletics: Free Printable at Home: Download free printable worksheets to work on at home. You can also start a free trial to experience online learning that aligns with curricula filtered by grade/year and level of learning.
- National Education Association: Provides a variety of STEM resources for grades K-12 as well as professional development resources.
- New England Aquarium Virtual Visit: Tune into live presentations, try some suggested at-home activities, and follow their Instagram and Twitter for even more updates.
- STEAM Powered Family: There are a variety of different STEM activities to try out at home and resources to help with learning in a variety of STEM disciplines.
- STEM Activities provided by teachers: A surplus of purchasable digital and printable lesson plans/activities to aid with online learning.
- Technovation: 3 Free Stem Activities: Guide to free STEM challenges and activities.
Middle School Resources
- KitHub: STEM Lesson Plans: Lesson plans with hands-on activities to creatively introduce students to STEM disciplines (with an emphasis on community science and the environment).
- Middle School STEM Activities for Kids: List of resources to explore different STEM activities.
- STEM Works Activities: Variety of activities with a large range of subject matter from crime scene investigation to extreme weather, medical innovations, space and more.
- Teach Engineering: STEM Curriculum for K-12: Hands-on activities and engineering design challenges that you can easily complete at home. This website also has a free learning curriculum divided by a variety of units, lessons, and activities.
- Wabisabi Learning 36 Resources for Project Based STEM Learning: A compiled list of 36 STEM activities that implement critical thinking and project-based learning techniques.
High School Resources
- Board Teachers: 60+ Educational Resources for Students: 60 websites that high school students can use to supplement online learning. There are a variety of STEM as well as humanities resources.
- Edutopia: STEM Resources: STEM resources for beginners as well as resources on how to further involve students in STEM, implement different projects, lessons, and models into curriculum, as well as how to engage underrepresented youth in STEM disciplines.
- Khan Academy: Khan Academy has free online courses to supplement learning with a variety of subjects, AP courses, test prep, and videos on college advice/resources.
- Masters in Data Science: Ultimate STEM Guide for Kids: 239 websites to promote STEM including learning resources, challenges and contests, awards, games, apps, and more.
- National Science Teaching Association: STEM Resources: Resource to look up STEM conferences, workshops, competitions, books and E-books, awards, and more.
- StemFinity: STEM Resource: List of free STEM resources. The user is able to filter based on different disciplines: women in STEM, coding & programming, STEM careers, and more.
- Student Tutor: Top 7 STEM Resources: These resources focus on helping to increase exposure of STEM to young people with fun games, programs, resources and advice.