The WPI Pre-Collegiate Outreach Programs strives to provide a safe, secure, educational and fun environment for our summer programs participants. In order to achieve this, we ask that all parents, guardians and participants acknowledge the policies below:
Code of Conduct
As a condition of participation in our programs, all registrants and their parents/guardians agree to abide by the terms of the Participant Code of Conduct
With the ending of the COVID-19 national public health emergency on May 11, 2023, and the current status of the pandemic, our office will NOT require COVID vaccinations for 2023 summer program participants.
Gender Identity Policy
WPI is committed to fostering a safe and inclusive living and learning community for all participants. With regard to gender identity, our policy is to house participants based on the gender they identify with and in the manner, which is most comfortable for them.
To accomplish this, the following applies:
- We encourage participants to complete all application materials indicating the gender that aligns with their current gender identity.
- We use preferred names and gender pronouns on all program materials. (i.e. Official nametag, WPI ID Card, Class roster, etc.)
- We house all participants on residence hall floors according to their gender identity depending on their preference and roommate availability. (Please note: Participants over the age of 14 may identify their gender preference without guardian permission. All others must have the permission of guardians to be housed according to a gender other than their gender assigned at birth.)
- Every residence hall floor will have one single-gender restroom/shower facility and one gender-inclusive restroom/shower facility. All participants should use the restroom of their choice.
In the situation that your child will be absent, arriving late, or requires early dismissal from the program, please contact the Office of Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs at 508-831-4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not a staff member at a drop-off and pick-up location all day, so all late arrivals and early dismissals must report directly to the Bartlett Center (190 West St., Worcester) to be met by a staff member. All early dismissals will also be escorted to the Bartlett Center by a staff member to be picked up by a parent, guardian, or other authorized adults.
For Registration-Based Programs
Registration for programs that do not require an application is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Both registration and payment are required for the participant to be enrolled in these programs. All courses and programs are subject to change without prior notice. Grades indicate the grade that the student will enter in the fall of the next school year.
For Application-Based Programs
These programs require the interested party to submit an application, and in some cases, other documentation. Application-based programs do not require any application fees to apply. Submission of an application does not represent acceptance. Participants will be notified of their status of acceptance. Registration and documentation are required for the participant to be considered for enrollment in these programs. All courses and programs are subject to change without prior notice. Grades indicate the grade that the student will enter in the fall of the next school year.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- Students may withdraw from a program up until June 1 for a refund. No refunds will be processed after June 1.
- Launch participants will be eligible for a full refund up until June 1 minus a $100 cancellation fee.
- For Frontiers and College Credit Jumpstart, participants will be eligible for a full refund up until June 1, minus the initial deposit. Deposits for Frontiers and College Credit Jumpstart are non-refundable.
- No refund or reduction in program fees will be made for a student who arrives to the program late, leaves the program early, or is dismissed from the program due to violation of the program guidelines and policies.
- There is no charge to transfer a registration to a new program, space permitting (other than any difference in program cost).
- Requests for program transfers, changes or cancelations must be communicated in writing to the Office of Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs.
- Late withdrawal due to injury, illness, or COVID-19 will be considered on a case-by-case, pro-rated basis, and will require supporting medical documentation – if a refund is granted, it may not be processed until programs are over.
- Programs and sessions canceled due to inclement weather are not rescheduled. If WPI cancels a program, participants may switch into an eligible program (if available) or WPI will provide a full refund for the family.
Limited financial assistance is available to families with need. We operate independently of WPI’s Office of Financial Aid. We cannot guarantee that all eligible applicants will receive aid. To receive aid, parents or guardians must provide the family’s adjusted gross income as reported to the IRS for 2022. To apply, applicants should check off that they wish to be considered for financial assistance on the application/registration form.
Launch: If selected registrant will be notified within 1 week of registration and cost of attendance will be adjusted accordingly. Initial deposits are still required in order to register.
Frontiers: If selected, the applicant will be notified about the amount of the award in the acceptance email.
Additional Resources External to WPI
Here is a list of additional financial assistance resources that we are aware of. All of these are external to WPI and we are sharing them to assist families and students help fund their pre-college experiences.