Code of Conduct
As a condition of participation in our programs, all registrants and their parents/guardians agree to abide by the terms of our Summer Programs Participant Agreement and Code of Conduct (PDF).
Minors on Campus Policy
WPI has a Minors on Campus Policy that the Office of Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs follows. This policy is to ensure the safety of all participants involved in our programs.
In the situation that your child will be absent, late arrivals, or early dismissals, please contact the Office of Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs at 508-831-4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not staff drop-off and pick-up location all day, so all late arrivals and early dismissals must report to directly to the Bartlett Center (60 Institute Road) to be met by a staff member. All early dismissals (up until 3 pm) will also be escorted to the Bartlett Center by staff member to be picked up by a parent, guardian, or other authorized adult. After 3 pm, we cannot accommodate a special pick-up, and you must plan to pick your child up at the regularly scheduled location and time.
For Registration-Based Programs
Registration for programs that do not require an application is offered on a first come/first served basis. Both registration and payment are required for the participant to be enrolled in these programs. All courses and programs are subject to change without prior notice. Grades indicate the grade that the student will enter in the Fall of the next school year. Programs include lunch, materials, a t-shirt or drawstring bag, and admission/transportation to field trips unless specifically noted otherwise.
For Application-Based Programs
These programs require the interested party to submit an application, and in some cases, other documentation. Submission of an application does not represent acceptance. Participants will be notified of their status of acceptance. Registration and documentation are required for the participant to be considered for enrollment in these programs. All courses and programs are subject to change without prior notice. Grades indicate the grade that the student will enter in the Fall of the next school year. Programs include meals, materials, a t-shirt or drawstring bag, and admission/transportation to field trips unless specifically noted otherwise. Courses are taught by WPI faculty members, graduate students, and professional educators.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- Requests for program transfers, changes or cancelations must be communicated in writing to the Office of Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs at email@example.com, and cannot be made via the online registration system.
- Programs and sessions canceled due to inclement weather are not rescheduled.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- There is no charge to transfer a registration to a new program, space permitting (other than any difference in program fees).
- Students may withdraw from a program up until June 15 for a refund, minus a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be processed after June 15.
- Late withdrawal due to injury or illness will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and will require a note from a physician – if a refund is granted, it may not be processed until programs are over.
- No refund or reduction in program fees will be made for a student who arrives to the program late, leaves the program early, or is dismissed from the program due to violation of the program guidelines.