Faculty Approved Learning Outcomes
According to the faculty-approved learning outcomes, IQP students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the project’s technical, social and humanistic context.
- Define clear, achievable goals and objectives for the project.
- Critically identify, utilize, and properly cite information sources, and integrate information from multiple sources to identify appropriate approaches to addressing the project goals.
- Select and implement a sound approach to solving an interdisciplinary problem.
- Analyze and synthesize results from social, ethical, humanistic, technical or other perspectives, as appropriate.
- Maintain effective working relationships within the project team and with the project advisor(s), recognizing and resolving problems that may arise.
- Demonstrate the ability to write clearly, critically and persuasively.
- Demonstrate strong oral communication skills, using appropriate, effective visual aids.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the ethical dimensions of their project work.