- Cleaning: Daily enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces in classrooms, hallways, stairs, bathrooms, and meeting spaces. Daily fogging of spaces with a disinfectant cleaning solution.
- Cleaning Supplies: Provided in centralized locations on each floor and in classrooms so individuals can clean their own workspace and equipment.
- Hand Sanitizer: Provided at entrances, in classrooms, and throughout public areas. Departments may be providing hand sanitizer at additional locations in office suites.
- Signage: To inform social distancing practices, occupancy limits, and cleaning requirements throughout the building.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms have reduced occupancies required — some will be single-use occupancy to maintain social distancing. Drinking fountains have been shut off for your safety — where available, water bottle filler stations remain operational.
- Meeting Rooms: Meeting room capacity has been reduced to maintain 6’ social distancing.
- Ventilation: Windows may be opened for ventilation. If you open a window, be sure to shut off the air conditioner in that space.
- Clear Barriers: Clear plexiglass barriers have been installed at classroom teaching stations and service desks in department offices to help reduce transmission.
- Building Access: The building will remain locked during business hours and is accessible with your WPI ID card. Campus visitors must register in advance and be escorted by the department.
100 Institute Road, Worcester MA, 01609
Dedicated in 1868, Boynton Hall is WPI's first building. It was named for John Boynton, a prosperous tinware manufacturer who founded WPI in 1865. Boynton gave his life's savings of $100,000 to create WPI on the condition that the citizens of Worcester provide the land and granite for the building. It was designed by noted architect Stephen Earle (his son, Ralph, would become WPI's sixth president) and originally contained classrooms and labs. Its clock tower became a symbol of WPI’s commitment to classroom theory and learning as part of the Two Towers philosophy of balancing theory and practice. Today, Boynton is WPI's main administration building and houses offices of the president, the provost, financial services, and marketing and communications.
COVID-19 Building-Specific Safety Measures
Offices and Departments
|Academic & Corporate Engagementemail@example.com||508-831-5635|
|Budget & Planningfirstname.lastname@example.org||508-831-5725|
|Bursar's Office (Student Accounts)||email@example.com||508-831-5203|
|Division of Talent & Inclusionfirstname.lastname@example.org||508-831-5470|
|Finance & Operations||508-831-5754|
|First Year Programemail@example.com||508-831-5381|
|Office of the Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org||508-831-5200|
|Office of the Provost||508-831-5222|