Strage Innovation Award
Application Deadlines Friday March 17th, 2022
Strage Award established in 2005 through the generosity of Henry and Alberta Strage to help encourage WPI undergraduate students who are interested in innovation and turning new ideas into viable new projects or ventures. Students’ ideas are evaluated by a panel of judges. The award will be given annually. The prize amount is up to $5,000.
The objective of the competition is to develop student knowledge and practical experience in the translation of creative ideas into viable new products, ventures, or licensing opportunities. It may be given to an individual or team involved in submitting their commercial, philanthropic, or social venture ideas.
- Submit the Intent to Participate Form
- Submit written proposal
- Selected finalist will prepare an presentation slide deck
- Selected finalist will present on Competition Day
- Customer Need / Pain Point / Problem Definition
- Solution / Approach to Solving Problem
- Value (Benefits/Costs)
- Competition / Alternatives
- Technical Merit, Viability, Commercialization Strategy
- Implementation Feasibility
- Quality of Presentation and Clarity of Idea
For more information and to apply for the Strage Innovation Award, please visit our web page at Strage Innovation Award