Each year WPI relies on staff volunteers to assist with the line-up of graduating students. Due to COVID-19 capacity guidelines, this year we need faculty/staff assistance on 3 dates for 5 ceremonies:
- Wednesday, May 19th – first thing in the morning for the 10am PhD and Master's ceremony for students in Arts & Sciences and the Foisie Business School
- Wednesday, May 19th – early afternoon for the 3pm PhD and Master's ceremony for students in the School of Engineering
- Thursday, May 20th – first thing in the morning for the 10am Bachelor's ceremony for students in Arts & Sciences, and the Foisie Business School
- Thursday, May 20th -- early afternoon for the 3pm Bachelor's ceremony for students in BME, ChE, CEE, and ECE engineering programs
- Friday, May 21st – first thing in the morning for the 10am Bachelor's ceremony for students in AE, ME, and RBE engineering programs
Line-up volunteers are not required to be a part of the routine Broad Institute COVID-19 testing program since they will not be accessing campus buildings. Line-up will be conducted outside with social distancing practices in place and all volunteers will be asked to wear masks. So, if you are Pathway 4 and not yet back to your campus office, we would still love to have you help out!
Your duties as a line up leader involve one short training (30 minutes), and 1-1.5 hours of line up before the ceremony(ies) formally begin(s). Once the program starts, you may head on to your next commitment.
If you are interested in assisting with line-up on either date (or both!) please complete the interest form. Training will be held via Zoom and scheduled closer to mid-May so that we can make sure we are incorporating the latest COVID-19 guidelines into the training sessions.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact the line-up crew:
Kate Beverage - email@example.com
Jen Cluett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your support!