Chairman’s Exemplary Faculty Prize
Call for Nominations
Donald K. Peterson ’71, former Chair of the WPI Board of Trustees, through his personal philanthropy, created the WPI Chairman’s Exemplary Faculty Prize. Current WPI Board Chairman Jack Mollen has graciously agreed to continue this practice. Nominations for the AY18 award are now requested. One prize in the amount of $10,000 will be awarded at WPI’s 2018 Commencement Ceremony.
WPI’s Trustee Awards recognize excellence in particular areas of faculty performance: teaching, research and scholarship, and advising. The purpose of the Chairman’s Prize is to recognize and reward members of the faculty who excel in all relevant areas of faculty performance, the true exemplars of the Institute’s highest aspirations and most important qualities.
Criteria: Demonstrated excellence in all areas of faculty performance relevant to the particular nominee.
Eligibility: Tenured and tenure-track faculty at WPI. Previous recipients are not eligible.
Nomination Process: Individuals must be nominated by department heads (no more than one nomination per department), deans, or by the Provost. Nominations, which are to be submitted to the Provost, should consist of:
- A letter of nomination of no more than three pages in length, together with
- a current curriculum vitae,
- the three most recent annual reports, and
- at least three external letters of support.
- Additional letters of support, a citation index for publications where appropriate, recent summaries of student teaching evaluations and other relevant supporting material may accompany the nomination so as to define the high quality of faculty performance at WPI.
2007 – Profs. McNeill and Sisson
2008 – Profs. Adams and Emanuel
2009 – Prof. Apelian
2010 – Prof. Rundensteiner
2011 – Prof. Ram Mohan
2012 – Prof. Ed Ma
2013 – Prof. David Cyganski
2014 – Dean Terri Camesano
2015 – Prof. Kathi Fisler
2016 – Prof. Wesley Mott
2017 – Prof. Diane Strong
Students and alumni are welcome to send recommendations and/or supporting materials to the appropriate department head.
Deadline for Nominations for the 2017-2018 year: Friday, January 31, 2018. Please submit (electronic versions preferred) to Deb Graves (email@example.com) in the Provost’s Office.