Announcing Dates for 2023 Graduate Research & Innovation Exchange
Register to participate in the 2023 Graduate Research Innovation Exchange (GRIE) by November 18th and be entered into a raffle to win WPI prizes!
The GRIE celebration on February 8, 2023, gives you a chance to present your research to colleagues and professionals from the WPI community and beyond. Winners will compete for cash prizes in the finals on April 4, 2023. These events highlight the breadth and impact of your work and encourage the exchange of ideas that makes interdisciplinary research so powerful. By participating, you will get to showcase your research and receive invaluable feedback.
GRIE Celebration will take place on February 8, 2023.
- Students will have the opportunity to have their research, presented on a poster, seen by all those in attendance and receive feedback. By February 13, at 11:59pm, students must submit a digital picture of their poster and will provide a recording (Zoom) of themselves verbally presenting their research. Details of this process will be provided. A digital image of your poster and recorded Zoom presentation will be used by the judges to determine which student will move on to the final live presentation round held on April 4, 2023.
- Links to the presentations will only be provided to judges and the WPI community.
- A public program with title, author, advisor, keywords, and technical statement will be posted to the GRIE page. Please note the public file will not include presentation links to protect intellectual property.
- Judges will have one week to evaluate assigned presentations and submit their scores and feedback.
- GRIE is open to all WPI PhD candidates, MS students engaged in thesis or similar research, or MS candidates completing a course- or program-related capstone project.
- Although presentations may have multiple authors, including the faculty advisor(s), there should be one lead author registered and presenting. The lead author MUST be the graduate student and only this student will be considered for awards.
- Only one presentation will be accepted per student; it is the student’s responsibility to have his/her presentation recorded according to competition guidelines.
- Presentations should be a zoom recording, featuring a poster, and should be 7 minutes or less in length. Longer submissions will not be judged and will not be eligible for the finals. For submissions exceeding the allowed 7-minute recording time, the GRIE organizers will decide if the presentation can still be including in the GRIE program, even if not to be judged.
- Your presentation should clearly identify a project title, researchers involved, and department
- Recordings of presentations must be submitted to GRIE organizers per the specified guidelines by advertised deadlines in order to be posted for judge viewing.
- Prepare your presentation to appeal to both experts and non-experts in your field as judge expertise may vary. You must be able to clearly explain your research to a wide range of judges and audiences.
- First prepare a few keywords about your research to submit when registering
- Prepare a 2-3 sentence, non-technical statement that describes what your poster and presentation will be about. No special characters are allowed.
- Use the to submit your form and complete the registration survey
- Add Thursday, February 2 at 3pm to your calendar as the deadline to submit your poster to the ATC for printing.
- Add Monday, February 13 at 11:59pm as the deadline to submit your recorded presentation to the GRIE organizers.
- Please note, your keywords and statement will be made available to presenters, attendees, and judges. Please be sure you type your information exactly as you’d like it to be viewed. No special characters are allowed. Do not use all caps when submitting your title, keywords, or statement.
The registration deadline is December 2, 2022, but if you sign up by November 18, 2022, you will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win WPI Prizes.
To learn more about GRIE, visit Graduate Research Innovation Exchange | Celebrating Graduate Research | Annual Events | News | WPI. To register, , click here click here
*GRIE organizers reserve the right to change the format and/or eliminate judging based on university status and pandemic considerations.
Sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Office of Graduate Studies