Sophomore Experience (SophEx) Seeks Topic Community Fellows for Fall 2021
WPI is excited to announce the SophEx Program aimed to help connect the Class of 2024 with their peers, faculty, and staff. The SophEx Leadership Team is currently seeking WPI faculty and staff members to serve as Topic Community (TC) Fellows for Fall 2021. In this role, TC Fellows will:
- Partner with other faculty and staff to create and host the weekly Topic Community Conversations and activities associated (6 per term).
- Meet weekly for 1 hour with Sophomore students in their Topic Community throughout the semester.
- Attend and prepare for 12 1-hour weekly Common Topic Meetings with members of your group.
- Provide academic support or direction (this may include advising the student on appropriate resources).
- Attend a training session prior to start of academic year.
- Communicate Students of Concern to the SophEx Leadership Team (Matt Foster, Christine Ziev, Angela Romano)
- Attend SophEx Welcome Programming on the following days:
- Sunday, August 22: 1-3 hours
- Monday, August 23: 2 hours
- Each Topic Community Fellow will receive a stipend of $500 for participating in the SophEx Program
This position is a time commitment of approximately 1-3 hours per week for 10 of the 14 weeks of the A and B academic terms.
We are currently looking for TC Fellows in the following TC Areas (descriptions found here):
- Ethical Discovery
- Our Global Identity
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Environmental Justice
- Human Production
If you have any questions or would like to talk about what involvement looks like, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly or express interest here.