As you arrive to campus for Fall 2022, the Sports & Recreation Center wants to share some updates with you:
Sports & Recreation Center Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Form:
The Sports & Recreation Center has a updated Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Form for the Academic Year of 2022-2023. This waiver will need to be filled out for all of WPI community, guests, and patrons who utilize the facility. We have a QR code at the front door of the Sports & Recreation Center and also at the front desk to complete this form. If you would like to do this prior to arrival (in which we recommend), please complete HERE.
Guest Passes are back!
As a WPI community member, you are able to have one guest, per person, per day. Students: have two free guest passes per year. Per our Membership Handbook policies for a guest pass is the following:
- Members of the Sports & Recreation Center are eligible to sponsor one guest per day at a cost of $10 per day. Guests must be aged 18 or over.
- Students of the WPI Community are eligible to have their first two guest passes be free per year. The control desk will document such in the student’s FUSION profile.
- Guest passes can be purchased at the Control Desk located immediately as you enter the facility.
- A sponsor assumes full responsibility for all actions and behaviors of their guests and must accompany them at all times. Failure to do so may result in termination of the sponsor’s membership to the Sports & Recreation Center.
- A full time member can only sponsor a guest.
- Guests must present a photo ID at the Control Desk and sign an Agreement and Release of liability form before entering the facility.
- Guest passes entitle access to all facilities on the day issued only.
- Guest passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Management of the Sports & Recreation Center reserves the right to refuse admittance to any guest.
- Alumni who are not members may self-sponsor and purchase a guest pass for themselves.
- Non-WPI affiliate guests cannot sponsor additional guest.
To sign in a guest, you can do so at the front desk of the Sports & Recreation Center.
Spouse/Partner Annual Memberships
Spouse/Partner Annual Memberships are allowed here on campus for the Sports & Recreation Center. Per our Membership Handbook, Membership Policies are the following:
- Full-Time Students, Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty/staff are eligible to purchase an annual membership for their spouse or partner. The WPI Student or Faculty/staff must be with the spouse or partner during the application process.
- Memberships can be purchased at any time and will automatically be terminated after one year from date of purchase if not renewed. Full payment is expected at sign-up. You may cancel your membership within three business days of your join date and receive a full refund as per Massachusetts General Law. Cancellations must be done in person with the required paperwork completed.
Memberships are $600 for the year, card only. If you are interested in purchasing a Annual Membership for your spouse/partner, please email the Sports & Recreation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for the application.
Lockers are available to rent at the Sports & Recreation Center.
These rental lockers will be located on the main floor (3rd floor) outside of the Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms. We have determined that allowing overnight locker rentals outside of locker rooms is a better and more efficient operation; it allows the various locker rooms to maintain their daily use function for all users and prevents the locker rooms from being perceived/functioning as private, exclusive use only for those who paid for a locker.
Cost: Locker rental will be $50
- Payable in full at time of rental.
- Payable by credit card (no checks or cash) at the Sports & Recreation Center Control Desk.
- Note: per Talent & Inclusion, this locker rental is not reimbursable through your health care provider’s $150 health benefit provision.