Temporary Changes to Campus Transportation Services
As we welcome students back to campus for C-Term/Spring semester, we are temporarily modifying the campus shuttle program to help residential students access the grocery store and campus dining facilities while we are in Stay in Place/Yellow Level status.
Price Chopper Loop
WPI will run a shuttle to and from the Price Chopper grocery store at 221-223 Park Avenue.
- January 22 through January 26: WPI will operate two shuttles on a loop each afternoon/evening from 4 to 8 pm.
- January 27 through C-Term/Spring semester: WPI will operate one shuttle on Sunday and Wednesday afternoons/evenings from 4 to 8 pm
See the schedule here: https://www.wpi.edu/sites/default/files/docs/price-chopper-shuttle-timetable.pdf
Hampton Inn and WPI Townhouses Loop
During Stay in Place, students living at the Hampton Inn, Faraday, and WPI Townhouses can use a new shuttle to access campus for meals. Starting on January 21 and through at least February 11, a shuttle will run from 8 am to 8 pm every day, looping between stops at the Hampton Inn, Goats Head, and WPI Townhouses.
Important Safety Information
Valet Park of America is operating both services. Due to health and safety restrictions:
- The shuttles are limited to 50% of their normal seating capacity and will allow seven students per trip.
- Some seats will be blocked off to encourage social distancing.
- All passengers are required to wear face coverings, and hand sanitizer will be available on board.
- Workers will frequently clean surfaces with a disinfectant.
All shuttle service times can be affected by pedestrian and vehicle traffic, volume of riders, inclement weather, and the loading and unloading of passengers. Vehicles are not wheelchair lift accessible. For any wheelchair lift assistance, please call WPI Police at (508) 831-5433.
Please note, the Gateway Shuttle and SNAP (Student Night Assistance Patrol) van will be temporarily suspended while the campus is in Stay in Place/Yellow Level period (at least through February 11). We hope to resume normal operations as soon as possible.
As always, please contact WPI Campus Police at 508-831-5555 for assistance or if you have any questions.