UPDATE: Eastern Equine Encephalitis
Department(s):Health Services & Resources
With temperatures dropping in the region, the threat of Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE), a serious but uncommon mosquito-borne illness, is beginning to lessen. Beginning Monday, November 4, the University will resume normal scheduling of athletic and outdoor activities while continuing to urge the WPI Community to always take active protective measures to prevent mosquito bites and reduce risk.
- Limit exposure outdoors from dusk to dawn, when mosquitos are most active.
- Use an appropriate mosquito repellent.
- Wear long sleeves and long pants when outside.
- Remove standing water from places like gutters and outdoor planters to where mosquitos often multiply.
- Move outdoor events indoors whenever possible.
- Use screens in windows to keep mosquitos out.
Please review the Massachusetts State Department of Public Health web pages for current information, and contact Health Services with questions: 508-831-5520.