The Herd Comes Home
Homecoming 2023 will be celebrated September 29 through October 1! We look forward to welcoming alumni, students, families, and friends to campus for a weekend of friendship, celebration, competition, and school spirit.
Please make sure that the Office of Lifetime Engagement has your current contact information on file, including your email address, so we can keep you informed about all the plans for 2023. Complete this form if you need to update your information.
Don't Miss This at Homecoming 2023
Congratulations Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees
Congratulations to this year's inductees and honorees:
- Ama Biney ’18 - Women’s Basketball and Softball
- Julie Eagle Malecek ’13 - Women’s Track and Field
- Sam Longwell ’15 - Men’s Basketball
- Jeffrey Meyer ’08 - Men’s Swimming and Diving
- Nina Murphy-Cook ’18 - Softball
- Alexander S. Venditti ’16 - Baseball
Additionally, the Frank C. Harrington - Class of 1898 - Award will be presented for the fifth time at the Hall of Fame dinner after being handed out previously at the annual athletic banquet. The 2023 recipient is Dr. Art Heinricher. The Harrington Award is presented to a distinguished contributor to WPI Athletics over a significant period of time.
This year's class will be celebrated at the annual Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet and Induction on Friday, September 29.
Homecoming 2023 Reminders & Protocols
- The Quad will open for Homecoming guests at 10:00 AM. Other activities may start earlier – please refer to the Homecoming website for more information.
- On-campus parking for Homecoming 2023 is located in the Park Avenue Garage. Please note that there will be no vehicle access to the Quad on Homecoming day. Additionally, camper vehicles/trailers are not permitted on campus unless pre-authorized by the Director of Public Safety.
- All guests, including those who have pre-registered for Homecoming, will be required to check-in at all events.
- Guests are not permitted to bring food or beverages (for the purposes of distribution outside of their immediate family) to campus on Homecoming day(s). Random bag and cooler searches may occur for public safety. Many food and beverage options will be available on campus for Homecoming guests.
- Inquiries regarding athletics team gatherings after contests should be directed to WPI’s Department of Athletics at 508-831-5046 or email@example.com.
- No open containers of alcohol are allowed on campus at any time except within designated event spaces. Guests are not permitted to bring their own alcohol to campus, either for personal consumption or distribution. Again, random bag and cooler searches may occur for public safety.
- No smoking is allowed on campus at any time.
- Grills or other equipment used for cooking/preparing food, generators, open flames, candles, and fireworks are prohibited on WPI property on Homecoming day(s).
- Ample gathering space and seating will be available on and adjacent to the Quad; therefore, it is requested that guests not bring their own tables, chairs, or tents to campus. WPI staff reserve the right to allow or refuse the use of such materials if they are brought to campus.
- WPI asks guests to please keep in mind that Homecoming is a family-friendly event. Consistent with the policies surrounding all of WPI's large-scale events, we ask that all visitors be respectful of our campus property and policies. Students are expected to adhere to the rules outlined in the Student Code of Conduct. Any student or guest, including alumni, that fails to do so will be asked to leave the campus immediately.
- All Homecoming guests are required to adhere to WPI’s current COVID-19 protocols. WPI expects everyone attending an indoor event to be vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event. (Most Alumni Weekend events will be held indoors.) Masks are welcome but not required on campus. WPI encourages everyone to respect the choices that individuals make about their own masking. For more information on WPI’s COVID-19 policies please click here.
Get In Gear
Grab some new WPI gear when you arrive in Worcester!
The WPI Bookstore will be open on Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and on Saturday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Alumni - enjoy 10% off your purchase with this coupon! (Some exclusions may apply, see store for details).
Homecoming 2022 Photos
Check out our Homecoming 2022 photo gallery to relive the weekend or to see what you missed!