NCFDD Core Curriculum #4: Mastering Academic Time Management
New faculty members commonly describe:
- Working long hours but making little progress on their research and writing
- A sense of loneliness that stems from limited mentoring and community
- Feeling unsupported in their desire for work-family balance and without the skills to achieve it
- Wondering whether the academic path is the right career choice
This webinar is specifically designed to address these issues and provide participants with concrete skills to successfully transition from graduate student to professor. Specifically, participants will learn:
- The three biggest mistakes that new faculty make in managing their time
- Why and how to align work time with institutional and personal priorities
- How to create time for academic writing and research
- How to organize a network of support and accountability for writing productivity and balance
Because of WPI's institutional membership in the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), all WPI faculty, staff, post-docs, and graduate students can view this webinar free of charge. To create an account and register for a program, go to the NCFDD home page, click “Become a member,” and select WPI from the drop-down menu to register and login.
Looking for some camaraderie and accountability? Join us for a watch party of this webinar in the 1st floor conference room at 157 West St. No need to register.