WPI’s Grad Connections experience provides a foundation of success for incoming graduate students who identify as first generation, international, and/or a student of color.
This program offers campus, community, and cultural resources to build on their success as scholars, researchers, and practitioners.
The goal of Graduate Connections is to provide multiple avenues of support and resources which graduate students can build from to find community and create a meaningful sense of belonging at WPI.
- Further develop their identity and sense of belonging at WPI through their affiliations with Graduate Studies, the Office of Multicultural Affairs, the Office of International Student Life, and our campus partners.
- Learn about the Worcester community, how to develop a sense of self independence, and navigating the graduate student experience for the first time.
- Explore various social and cultural identities and learn about student groups and organizations by participating in social, cultural, and professional learning experiences on and off campus.
- Identify campus and community resources to foster a sustained partnership throughout their graduate journey.
- Promote holistic physical and mental health and how overall wellness influences students’ academic success.