February 10 | 5:00-7:15 pm | Via Zoom
- Required: Watch the following videos:
Intro to Customer Discovery – http://bit.ly/3vmsicorps
- Optional Reading: Chapter 3 of the Startup Owner’s Manual; An Introduction to Customer Discovery
- Please prepare the following 2-slide presentation for the workshop. Each team will have 60 seconds to present:
Slide 1: Team name, your institution, product picture, product description (one sentence), pictures/names of your team members. Include the block for number of interviews as you will need those later for future assignments. For the KickOff, the number of interviews should be 0 or blank. You can download a full-size copy of the image at: https://bit.ly/2M6r56p
Slide 2: A two-column slide consisting of:
a) List of who you think will buy - working from the answers you submitted to the 7 Questions, and after watching the videos in the first two assignments, please think a little more about who your customers might be. Try to think of two or three different applications or industries where your technology could be used and then who are the users and other people involved in any decision process. Put on the slide under the WHO column on left.
b) List of why you think they will buy - for each of the users and other people involved, think a little more about why they would be highly motivated to use and/or purchase your technology. Put on the slide under the WHY column on right.
In-class Detailed Agenda:
- Welcome – 10 min (Todd)
- Intro – 10 min (Beth)
- Team Presentations – 35 min (Beth + another NE I-Corps Instructor to be named))
- Each Team gets 60 seconds to present their 2 slides, 2 min of Instructor Q&A
- Lecture & exercises: Customer Segments and Interviewing Techniques – 30 min (Beth +)
- Team fills out Customer Segment Framework and Profile (with Mentors)
- Team makes list of 25 customers to yield 10 interviews
- Conduct at least 10 interviews testing the customer assumptions and meet with your Mentors to review progress.